Summit Teachers Enjoy
- Making a true impact with their students
- Small class sizes
- Wednesday afternoon teacher training and child-centered discussions (students dismiss at 12:30pm)
- Peer mentorship and a collaborative approach to teaching
- Evidence-based teaching methodologies that are consistent across curriculum and grade levels
- Active partnerships with school leadership staff
- A supportive community of families & peers
- Outstanding training opportunities
- Strong work-life balance
- Teacher school year ends second Friday in June
- Full array of benefits
- Our beautiful 15-acre campus
Are you passionate about making a true impact for your students? Do you thrive on real student connections and measurable outcomes?
The Summit School educates bright students with dyslexia and other learning differences. Founded in 1989, the school program serves approximately 110 students each year.
Our track record for success includes tangible outcomes such as high school graduation rates exceeding national averages. The impact for our students and their families is immediate and life changing. If this sounds inspiring, you might be a good fit for our team!
The Summit School, located eight miles south of Annapolis, is a private school for bright children in grades 1-8 with learning differences, such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, and executive functions challenges. Summit offers small class sizes and individualized instruction in an ideal setting.
Summit Resource Center
The Summit School does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational, admissions, or hiring practices.
At The Summit School we are committed to accepting one another. Acceptance includes sensitivity to differences in learning, and to the many ways in which children and families are unique. The Summit School is founded upon the core values of dignity, respect and trust. We accept and respect differences in economic resources, culture and race, ethnicity, faith and belief, gender, gender identity, age, and sexual orientation.