Who We Teach
Our students are bright children whose dyslexia or other learning differences present challenges that have previously prevented them from finding success in other schools.
Our program is designed for students who:
- demonstrate weaknesses in language processing, working memory, comprehension or organization
- are bright and want to learn but are falling behind
- are encountering difficulty with reading, writing, spelling, math, organization or self-management
- thrive when teachers listen and adapt to individual needs
- are most successful when learning is active and expectations reflect their learning profile.
The Summit School’s expertise lies in closing the gap in literacy, math, written language and organization. If your child is not progressing in their current school or has a learning difference such as dyslexia, we invite you to learn more about Summit and how we teach differently.
Summit removed the fear, from my son, that he could not read and write in his 4th grade. Summit met him where he needed to be and used their unique way to teach him how to read and write. At the same time Summit recognized my son’s strength in Math and placed him in the higher-level classes so he continued to be challenged there while he was working to get on track with his reading and writing fundamentals. A totally personalized and custom learning plan.”
Prior to coming to Summit, our son was leaving school each day feeling defeated and would share very little details about his day. Since coming to Summit, our son's confidence is soaring with his academics. He is a confident reader and continues to willingly share the excitement of his day at school.”
When our students leave The Summit School, they go on to high school and most go to college. They become successful, confident adults who are able to pursue their interests and goals. Read more about Success after Summit.